Your J.D. academic experience at Columbia Law School is powered by connections that go far beyond the classroom.
- Connect your studies to your practice. The Law School offers globally focused courses in both emerging and traditional areas of law and our robust curriculum covers the most compelling issues in modern legal scholarship.
- Connect with legal and local communities. Participate in a broad range of clinics, externships, simulations, policy labs, and other public service opportunities, which provide an insider’s view into how the law operates in practical settings.
- Connect with faculty experts and mentors. Work with top-tier scholars and practitioners to tackle real-world challenges, employing creative combinations of data science, advocacy, and litigation.
- Connect with a global society. From the classroom to the clinic, you will learn to think critically and responsibly about the law and its impact on individual lives, judicial institutions, and international affairs.
- Connect with your future. By the time you graduate, you will have the tools and experience you need to successfully practice law in today’s fast-paced, globalized society.