Take a Tour
- In light of evolving information about COVID-19 the Columbia University Visitors Center will be closed until further notice. More information on Columbia University's response to coronavirus may be found on the university website.
- Guided Tours: Register online or at the Visitors Center (Low Library, room 213, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., except major holidays). This tour is not specific to any academic program and does not include admissions information.
- Self-Guided Tours: Take a walking tour of the Law School or Columbia University. No registration is required, however, a current Columbia ID is needed to enter all residence halls and libraries except Low Memorial Library. Most academic buildings are open to the public during normal business hours, and you are welcome to explore the outdoor space on campus. To visit the law library, contact the office of the program to which you would like to apply.
The Law School is easily accessible via public transportation and car. For those visiting from out of town, New York City’s airports and train stations all offer connections to the subway and bus lines servicing Columbia’s campus. Learn more:
Train service to Manhattan arrives at either Grand Central Station or Penn Station. Bus service to Manhattan arrives at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Once you are in Manhattan, take public transportation or a taxi to campus.
Five bus lines (M4, M5, M11, M60, and M104) and one subway line (the No. 1 local) serve the Columbia neighborhood. The Columbia stop for the buses and the subway is 116th Street. The M60 bus is a direct link between campus and LaGuardia Airport.
Maps of bus and subway routes are available from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
Find driving directions from points outside the city.
You can use any street or metered parking near the Columbia campus (check parking information and traffic advisories from the New York City Department of Transportation) or park in a local garage, including:
- GGMC Parking Lionsgate: 512 West 112th St.
- GMC Parking: 532 West 122nd St.
- ProPark America: 401 West 110th St.
- ProPark America: 121 West 125th St.
LaGuardia Airport is the airport closest to Manhattan, and taxi fare to Columbia Law School is approximately $30, depending on traffic. Bus service (the M60 city bus) from LaGuardia Airport to the Law School is also available.
John F. Kennedy (JFK) International and Newark Liberty International Airports are slightly farther from Manhattan, and taxi fare to Columbia Law School from either airport is approximately $60 (more during traffic and rush hour). Private bus service to the Port Authority Bus Terminal and to Grand Central Station in Manhattan is available. You can also take the AirTrain monorail service from both JFK and Newark to connect to New York City public transportation.