Click on the profile of any staff member below for more information, including bios and instructions on how to make an advising appointment. Most appointments are booked via Symplicity.
Part-time 1L Advisors
The following practitioners (many of whom are CLS alumni) are regional and subject-matter experts who have offered to share their knowledge with CLS students and alumni. They can be contacted directly for advice and information about their market, organization, and areas of legal expertise.
- Caitlin Boyce, New York, NY, women's rights and international human rights
- Lisa Bornstein, Washington, DC, civil rights advocacy, litigation, and policy
- Laila Hlass, New Orleans, LA/Boston, MA, immigration law
- Laboni Hoq, Los Angeles, CA, civil rights, advocacy
- Portland, OR, housing, poverty law
- Chicago, IL, government
- David Lyons, Boston, MA, environment, municipal government, private public interest law firms
- Liz Mackay, State of NJ, government
- Atlanta, GA/New York, NY, politics, voting rights
- New York, NY, voting rights
- New York, NY, criminal defense
Rebecca Schleifer, Bogota, Colombia, health, international human rights
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, criminal law
Daniel Stewart, New York, NY, international human rights, public international law
The Social Justice Initiatives office is located in William and June Warren Hall ("Big Warren") at 1125 Amsterdam Avenue, on the 8th floor. Feel free to drop in between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Most counseling is done by appointment; if you are a student or alum looking to speak with an SJI counselor, please make an appointment as described above.
View an interactive map of the Morningside Campus
435 West 116th Street, Box B-26
New York, NY 10027