Kernochan Center IP Speaker Series
Following is the schedule for the Kernochan Center for Law, Media and the Arts' new IP Speaker Series, which will take place on Tuesdays from 12:30 - 1:20p.m. in Room 103 of Jerome Greene Hall. These events are open to the public.
- January 27-- Moral Rights under U.S. Law
Speaker: Prof. Roberta Kwall, DePaul University College of Law
- February 10 -- Legal Protection for Databases in the U.S.
Speakers: Bruce Joseph, Esq., Wiley Rein & Fielding; Jon Baumgarten, Esq.,Proskauer Rose
- February 24 -- Derivative Liability Under Copyright (Sony Betamax, Napster,Aimster, Grokster and Kazaa, etc.)
Speakers: Andrew Bridges, Esq.,Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati;Thomas Hentoff, Esq. (CLS '91), Williams & Connolly.
- March 2 -- More on Derivative Liability: "notice and takedown" provisions; the Verizon case and ISP responsibility to identify users alleged to infringe; possible legislative solutions.
Speakers: Beryl Abrams, Esq. (CLS '73), Columbia University General Counsel's Office; Shira Perlmutter, Esq., Time Warner
- March 30 -- The Anti-Circumvention Provisions in 17 U.S.C. §1201: What is the appropriate balance between technological protection, and copyright exceptions and
Speaker: David Carson, Esq., General Counsel, U.S. Copyright Office
- April 6 -- New Business Models: the role of digital rights management, copyright education, and new marketing strategies.
Speakers: Fred von Lohmann, Esq., Electronic Frontier Foundation; Jeffrey Cunard, Esq., Debevoise & Plimpton
- April 13 -- Current Topics in International Copyright
[topics and speakers TBA]
Sponsored by the Horace S. Manges Lecture and Conference Fund.