Here’s how to get started.
Your first step: formally enrolling at Columbia Law School.
You cannot complete any checklist items, pre-register for courses, or register for Early Interview Program until you have enrolled.
To secure the space that has been reserved for you in the 2022–2023 Visiting Class, you must submit a $600 nonrefundable deposit.
Online Enrollment Form
Complete the Online Enrollment Form and make a payment by credit card (recommended).
Complete these nine key tasks:
- Activate Your LawNet Account
- Add phonetic pronunciation of your full name
- Add recorded pronunciation of your full name (instructions)
- Add emergency contact information
- Add emergency contact person
-Designate your pronouns
- Activate Your UNI and LionMail
- Read Up on Columbia's Digital Services and Systems
- Submit Your Photo ID
- Meet Our Immunization Requirements
- Meningitis decision
- Register for Health Insurance
- Plan Your Course Schedule
- Transfer Your Financial Aid Package
- Secure Your Housing
View the 2023–2024 academic calendar.
Interested in joining a journal? Review the application process.
Take advantage of the Arthur W. Diamond Law Library’s extensive resources.
Office of Student Services
Meet your Student Services team.
OCHA has developed a cooperative relationship with two NYC real estate/relocation agencies, Corcoran and Douglas Elliman, to provide free counseling and reduced brokerage fees for Columbia affiliates. You will not incur any fees by participating in this free counseling service and are under no obligation to use these firms as your real estate agent.
To request counseling, contact one of OCHA's cooperating real estate/relocation agencies or, if you prefer, you may contact OCHA for counseling. Please see more information here.