Certain substantive areas have a nuanced job search process and area-specific resources. If you are interested in an internship or career in public interest law firms, government, or international public interest law, consult our guidance for those specific areas.
Public Interest Firms
Public interest/civil rights law firms are mission-driven private law practices that focus on litigation to address social or economic justice problems. Our guides will help you navigate opportunities with these firms.
- Public Interest/Civil Rights Law Firm Guide
- 2022 Chart of Specific Public Interest/Civil Rights Law Firms
- 2022 Program of Graduates on Public Interest/Civil Rights Law Firms (video)
If you are interested in a job or internship in the government sector, review these resources for more information and job postings.
- Government Job Search Basics
- Arizona Guide: This guide offers comprehensive information on and postings for postgraduate honors programs and federal, state, and local government internships.
- Federal Government Honors Program
- DOJ Honors Program
- Federal Government Careers in National Security Law and Policy
- Federal Government Careers in Banking and Financial Systems
In addition to the Arizona Guide referenced above, these websites feature government job postings:
- Usajobs.gov contains a nearly complete list of federal government jobs (not just legal jobs). Some listings may not qualify for LRAP.
- Roll Call Jobs features jobs in government affairs, lobbying, and other positions with organizations that work with the federal government.
International Public Interest Law
If you are interested in working in international public interest law, refer to our guides below that explain the search process, which varies from the domestic job search.
- Human Rights Job Search Basics
- International Supplement to the Job Search Toolkit
- International Job Search Strategies (video)
- International Fellowships Guide
- Finding and Funding International Public Service Opportunities (made available by PSJD)