In reviewing applications, the Admissions Committee considers all of the information contained in your file, such as your law school transcripts to date, your undergraduate and any other graduate transcripts, LSAT performance, letter(s) of recommendation, and a statement regarding why you are seeking visiting student status at Columbia Law School.
Apply online using the Visiting Student Application at LSAC.org. Applications are due July 15, 2021. Prepare by reviewing our 2021 Preview Application (PDF). (Note that there may be changes to the 2022 application) The application fee is $85.
In addition to the application form, you will need to submit:
- Personal statement/essay
- GRE or LSAT
- Letters of recommendation (two from current law school professors)
- Faculty appraisal (PDF) (additional optional form for recommenders)
- Dean’s appraisal(s)/certification(s) (PDF) (from undergrad and law school. Please note that the dean's certification for visiting students must include certain specific information to be accepted. Please refer to the application instructions for additional instructions.)
- Academic transcripts
Read through our Frequently Asked Questions for clarification on application components.
2021–2022 Admissions Dates
- May 1, 2022: Applications open — Current law students may apply to Columbia Law School as a visiting student
- July 15, 2022: Applications due