Applications for the fall 2022 class will open September 1, 2021, and are due February 15, 2022. Because applications are generally evaluated on a rolling basis, you should submit your application as soon as possible after September 1. Applications are not reviewed by the Admissions Committee until all required materials have been received.
If you submit your completed application by December 31, 2021, you should receive a decision by March.
If you submit all materials by February 15, 2022 (the application deadline), you should be notified by the end of April.
Applications completed after the February 15, 2022 deadline are be considered on a case-by-case basis, but are not guaranteed a decision and may be withdrawn from consideration.
You may prepare your application for the fall 2022 entering class by reviewing a Preview Application (PDF). The application fee is $85.
In addition to the application form, you will need to submit all or some of the following components. Please review our application instructions and our Frequently Asked Questions to determine what you are required to submit.
- Personal statement/essay
- GRE or LSAT
- Two letters of recommendation
- Dean’s appraisal(s)/certification(s)
- Academic transcripts
2021–2022 Admissions Dates
- September 1: J.D. applications open
- October 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms available to submit to the government
- January: Last LSAT administration date that meets Columbia Law School’s regular admission deadline
- February 1: Last GRE administration date that meets Columbia Law School's regular admission deadline
- February 15: Financial aid application deadline
- February 15: Regular Decision Plan deadline
- May 1: Enrollment deposit deadline
- May 10: Guaranteed housing application deadline
- June 1: Deferral request deadline
You may be contacted for an interview during the admissions process via video conference.
The interview program allows applicants to learn more about the Law School and provides the Admissions Committee with greater detail about applicants’ interests and motivations.
Please note that we are unable to consider requests for interviews.