Entering first-year J.D. students applying for Columbia University institutional aid (need-based grants and institutional loans) are required to submit financial information using the CSS Profile application.
- To apply online, visit the CSS Profile website.
- If you have questions about completing or submitting the application, you are encouraged to contact the College Board at 844-202-0524.
To be considered for a grant, you must submit information from you, your spouse (if applicable), and both parents, regardless of your age, marital status, or dependency status for tax purposes.
- If your parents have separate households (separated, divorced, or unmarried), then you must provide complete financial information for each parental household before submitting the information, using separate user name and passwords if desired.
- Remember that a grant application cannot be reviewed until all required information has been received.
- For further information, please see our section on Independence and Dependence.
Applicants for admission who wish to be considered for a grant should submit the CSS Profile application by the February 15 deadline, even if they have not yet received an offer of admission.
While late applications from admitted students will be reviewed once completed, grant funds may be exhausted by that time. In such cases, late applicants who otherwise would be offered a grant will be placed on a grant “waitlist,” and may be offered institutional aid in the form of loans for all three years of the J.D. program.