Columbia Law Schools Millstein Center Names Rising Stars of Corporate Governance for 2013
New York, June 25, 2013—The Ira M. Millstein Center for Global Markets and Corporate Ownership at Columbia Law School has announced the recipients of its fifth annual Rising Star of Corporate Governance Award. The award recognizes global corporate governance professionals under the age of 40 who are making their mark as outstanding analysts, experts, directors, managers, or advocates. The awardees were honored at a reception on June 24 at Columbia University as part of the eighth annual Millstein Governance Forum.
- Mirza Baig, Managing Director, Hikma Governance Consulting
- Craig Ferrere, Edgar S. Woolard, Jr., Research Fellow, Lerner College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware
- Steven Haas, Partner, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Michael McCoy, Vice President & Corporate Secretary, Avnet Inc.
- Tahmina Nurova, Team Leader, International Finance Corporation
- Muhammad Asif Paryani, Deputy Director, Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan
- Heath P. Tarbert, Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP