Columbia Law School Graduates Named Rising Stars by <i>New York Law Journal</i>
New York, July 16, 2015—New York Law Journal named seven Columbia Law School alumni among its 50 Rising Stars of 2015.
A panel of 24 judges from across the profession selected these young attorneys, all age 40 or under, from a pool of nearly 300 nominees, for their accomplishments in the practice of law and their demonstrated extraordinary commitment to their communities. The Rising Stars were chosen based on such qualities as creativity, judgment, dedication, and ethics.
The Columbia Law School honorees are:
- Kristen M. Clarke ’00, of the New York State Attorney General’s Office
- Elizabeth A. Cooper ’01, of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett;
- Lucy J. Lang ’06, of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office
- Cynthia L. Mullock ’03, of Snowden Lane Partners
- Alanna C. Rutherford ’00, of Boies, Schiller & Flexner
- Daniel C. Serota ’01, of Greenberg Traurig
- Ugo O. Ude ’06, of Mayer Brown
- Krishna Veeraraghavan, '02, of Sullivan & Cromwell
The Rising Stars were profiled in a special section in the New York Law Journal and honored at an exclusive event at the Manhattan Penthouse that evening.