Professor of Law
- Constitutional Law
- Constitutional Theory
- Federal Courts
- Legal Theory Workshop
- Yale Law School, J.D., 2005
- Harvard College, A.B., economics, 1999
Public Affairs, (212) 854-2650.
Articles Editor, Yale Law Journal. Law clerk to Judge Guido Calabresi, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2005-06. Law clerk to Justice John Paul Stevens, Supreme Court of the United States, 2006-07. Alexander Fellow, New York University School of Law, 2007-08. Joined the Columbia faculty in 2008. Member, American Bar Association.
Awarded Burton H. Brody Prize for best paper on constitutional privacy (2005); Smith-Doheny Legal Ethics Writing Prize (2004); and Edgar M. Cullen Prize for best paper by a first-year law student (2003). From 1999-2002, Professor Greene was a reporter for Sports Illustrated.
- What the New Deal Settled, 14 U. Pa. J. Const. L. ___ (forthcoming 2012)
- Thirteenth Amendment Optimism, 112 Colum. L. Rev. ___ (forthcoming 2012)
- The Case for Original Intent, 80 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. ___ (forthcoming 2012)
- Fourteenth Amendment Originalism, 70 Md. L. Rev. ___ (forthcoming 2012)
- The Anticanon, 125 Harv. L. Rev. 379 (2011)
- The Rule of Law as a Law of Standards, 99 Geo. L.J. 1289 (2011)
- Constitutional Interpretation in Comparative Perspective: Comparing Judges or Courts?, in Research Handbook in Comparative Constitutional Law (Rosalind Dixon & Tom Ginsburg eds., 2011) (with Vicki C. Jackson)
- Profiling Originalism, 111 Colum. L. Rev. 356 (2011) (with Nathaniel Persily & Stephen Ansolabehere)
- The So-Called Right to Privacy, 43 U.C. Davis L. Rev. 715 (2010)
- On the Origins of Originalism, 88 Tex. L. Rev. 1 (2009)
- Heller High Water? The Future of Originalism, 3 Harv. L. & Pol'y Rev. 325 (2009)
- Selling Originalism, 97 Geo. L.J. (2009)
- Giving the Constitution to the Courts, 117 Yale L.J. 886 (2008), a review of Keith E. Whittington's Political Foundations of Judicial Supremacy: The Presidency, The Supreme Court, and Constitutional Leadership in U.S. History (2007)
- Beyond Lawrence: Metaprivacy and Punishment, 115 Yale L.J 1862 (2006)