The Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) is a two-hour, 60-question multiple-choice exam developed and administered by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE). The exam measures your knowledge and understanding of established standards for the professional conduct of lawyers.
The MPRE will be offered three times in 2019:
Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Regular application deadline: January 24, 2019 ($125)
- Late application deadline: January 31, 2019 ($220)
Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Regular application deadline: June 13, 2019 ($125)
- Late application deadline: June 20, 2019 ($220)
Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Regular application deadline: September 19, 2019 ($125)
- Late application deadline: September 26, 2019 ($220)
To print the full 2019 MPRE schedule, please click here.
You must register for the MPRE through your NCBE account. For more information on the MPRE and registering for the exam, please visit the NCBE’s MPRE website.
In New York, you can take the MPRE either before or after the bar exam, however, you must pass the MPRE within three years before or after passing the New York bar exam. Many students opt to take the MPRE in March of their 3L year. Although it can be helpful, you are not required to take a Professional Responsibility course at the Law School before you take the MPRE.
If you need to request a testing accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is important that you carefully review the following page for the relevant requirements and procedures: MPRE Test Accommodations.