External Moot Court Competitions
Upperclass moot court competitions offer exciting opportunities to develop legal skills and delve into a particular area of law. The programs listed below are sponsored by external organizations and companies and span a broad range of legal topics. Limited funds are available to help defray the costs of participating in an external moot court program. If you are interested in programs that are not listed below, please contact Ilene Strauss, director of legal writing and moot court programs, to discuss your ideas.
listed by registration deadline
- Date of competition: November 2-4, 2018
- Location of competition: New Haven Judicial District Courthouse, New Haven, Connecticut and Quinnipiac University School of Law, North Haven, Connecticut
- Deadline for registration: June 15, 2018
- Questions may be directed to Olivia Knott ([email protected]) at 631-807-9231
- Date of competition: November 3-4, 2018
- Location of competition: Washington, D.C.
- Registration form can be found here.
- Deadline for registration: September 12, 2018
- Questions may be directed to David Johnson ([email protected] or 202-994-4539), Assistant Dean for Pro Bono & Advocacy Programs at The George Washington University Law School
- Date of competition: February 28-March 2, 2019
- Location of competition: Albany Law School in Albany, N.Y.
- Register for the competition here
- Deadline for registration: November 11, 2018
- Important Dates:
January 15, 2019 - Briefs Postmarked
February 28, 2019 - Preliminary Rounds
March 1, 2019 - Octofinal & Quarterfinal Rounds
March 2, 2019 - Semifinal & Final Rounds
- Date of competition: February 8-10, 2019
- Location of competition: Mumbai, India
- Registration form is available here
- Deadline for registration: November 20, 2018
- Table containing important deadlines can be found here
- Please contact Yash Shiralkar or Anjali Karunakaran at [email protected] or [email protected] with any questions.