Depending on your enrollment date, you may need to complete some items more immediately. Use this guide to assist with your on-boarding.
Your first step: formally enrolling at Columbia Law School.
You cannot complete any checklist items, pre-register for courses, or register for Early Interview Program until you have enrolled.
To secure the space that has been reserved for you in the Class of 2023, you must submit a $600 nonrefundable deposit.
Online Enrollment Form
Complete the Online Enrollment Form and make a payment by credit card (recommended).
- Activate your LawNet account
Name Pronunciation and Sound File
Emergency Contact Information
Emergency Contact Person
- Activate your Columbia University UNI/LionMail email account
- Submit an on-campus housing application
- Submit photograph for CUID
- Mail final law school transcripts to the Office of Admissions
- Submit immunization documentation
- Complete IT training for new students
- Complete the New Student Technology Guide
- Pre-Registration opens via LawNet 12 p.m. EDT. You must deposit before you pre-register.
- Open enrollment for insurance begins
All students are required to carry health insurance while enrolled at Columbia University.
International students are required to carry the University Student insurance policy.
- Transfer Orientation
- Pre-Registration closes via LawNet 12 p.m. EDT. You must deposit before you pre-register.
- Deadline to submit your Covid-19 Vaccination Documentation
- If you intend on accessing on campus before August 2 to print resumes, meet with a counselor, attend in-person events, etc., we suggest you complete this requirement by July 28.
- Transfer student journal application opens at 12 p.m. EDT (apply via LawNet)
- Columbia Law Review runs a separate transfer process on a different timeline in July. You can learn more about it here.
- First day of full-semester classes for upper-year and LL.M. classes at the Law School
- First day of full-semester classes for courses at other divisions of the University