Depending on your enrollment date, you may need to complete some items more immediately. Use this guide to assist with your on-boarding.
Your first step: formally enrolling at Columbia Law School.
You cannot complete any checklist items, pre-register for courses, or register for Early Interview Program until you have enrolled.
To secure the space that has been reserved for you in the 2021-2022 Transfer Class, you must submit a $600 nonrefundable deposit.
Online Enrollment Form
Complete the Online Enrollment Form and make a payment by credit card (recommended).
- Activate your LawNet account
Name Pronunciation and Sound File
Emergency Contact Information
Emergency Contact Person
- Activate your Columbia University UNI/LionMail email account
- Submit an on-campus housing application
- Submit photograph for CUID
- Mail final law school transcripts to the Office of Admissions
- Submit immunization documentation
- Complete IT training for new students
- Complete the New Student Technology Guide
- Open enrollment for insurance begins
All students are required to carry health insurance while enrolled at Columbia University.
International students are required to carry the University Student insurance policy.
- You will receive information about Pre-Registration via LawNet. You must deposit before you pre-register.
- Virtual Transfer Orientation
- Pre-Registration closes via LawNet 12 p.m. EDT. You must deposit before you pre-register.
- Deadline to submit your Covid-19 Vaccination Documentation
- If you intend on accessing on campus before August 2 to print resumes, meet with a counselor, attend in-person events, etc., we suggest you complete this requirement by July 28.
- Transfer student journal application opens at 12 p.m. EDT (apply via LawNet)
- Columbia Law Review runs a separate transfer process on a different timeline.
- First day of full-semester classes for upper-year and LL.M. classes at the Law School
- First day of full-semester classes for courses at other divisions of the University