Depending on your enrollment date, you may need to complete some items more immediately. Use this guide to assist with your on-boarding.
Your first step: formally enrolling at Columbia Law School.
You cannot complete any checklist items, pre-register for courses, or register for Early Interview Program until you have enrolled.
To secure the space that has been reserved for you in the 2022–2023 Transfer Class, you must submit a $600 nonrefundable deposit.
Online Enrollment Form
Complete the Online Enrollment Form and make a payment by credit card (recommended).
- Activate your LawNet account
- Add phonetic pronunciation of your full name
- Add recorded pronunciation of your full name (instructions)
- Add emergency contact information
- Add emergency contact person
- Designate your pronouns
- Activate your Columbia University UNI/LionMail email account
- Submit an on-campus housing application
- Submit photograph for CUID
- Mail final law school transcripts to the Office of Admissions
- Submit immunization documentation (MMR, meningitis decision, COVID-19)
- Review the New Student Technology Guide
- Complete IT training for new students
- Open enrollment for insurance begins
All students are required to carry health insurance while enrolled at Columbia University.
International students are required to carry the University Student insurance policy.
July 20 - July 31
- Pre-Registration opens via LawNet at 12 p.m. EDT. You must deposit before you pre-register.
- Transfer Orientation
- Pre-Registration closes via LawNet at 12 p.m. EDT.
- Transfer student journal application opens at 12 p.m. EDT (apply via LawNet)
- Columbia Law Review runs a separate transfer process on a different timeline.
- Transfer student journal application closes at 12 p.m. EDT (apply via LawNet)
- First day of full-semester classes for upper-year and LL.M. classes at the Law School. For the First day of full-semester classes for courses at other divisions of the University, see the Columbia Academic Calendar.