- Applicants for fall admission submit FAFSA and CSS Profile applications to processors (continues on a rolling basis).
- Financial Aid Questionnaire is available for submission to the Financial Aid Office
- Arrival of applicants' CSS Profile Application and FAFSA data at the Financial Aid Office (continues on a rolling basis).
- Entering grant applicants will be notified by the College Board to submit 2021 federal tax forms via IDOC shortly after admitted and once the CSS Profile form has been received by Columbia (continues on a rolling basis).
- Admitted students begin receiving award letters.
- Loan borrowers submit application materials to the Financial Aid Office (loans are processed continuously throughout the summer).
- For federal loan borrowers, online federal loan Entrance Counseling to be completed on the U.S. Department of Education website.
- After students submit a deposit to the Office of Admissions, they must activate their Columbia University email address to receive an e-Bill account statement in August.
- Students expecting a refund for living expenses should opt in for automatic refunds in Student Services Online (SSOL).
- A direct deposit process for refunds is available for students to set up in Student Services Online (SSOL).
- Grant and scholarship recipients submit Grant Data Sheet, biographical sketch, and résumé to Financial Aid Office.
- Continuation of loan processing for all students.
- Students interested in the monthly Tuition Payment Plan should enroll between June and July.
- University starts to transmit federal loans to processor.
- Entering students begin receiving confirmation financial aid award letters which provides loans certified by Financial Aid Office.
- International students receiving grants should submit approved loan and visa documentation to Financial Aid Office.
- Students receive an email notification that their Student Account Statement or E-Bill is ready to be viewed.
- Financial Aid Information Session during 1L Orientation; learn about receiving financial aid.
- Federal loan funds (Direct Unsubsidized and Graduate PLUS) deposited to university student accounts for fall semester.
- Disbursement of fall semester institutional aid to university student accounts.
- Disbursement of fall semester private educational loan funds to university student accounts.
- Payment of fall semester student account balance due.