Your support can help to attract the best and brightest students from around the world—no matter their backgrounds.
For details on items listed below, please contact the Development team at 212-854-2680.
View a list of endowed and current use named scholarships at Columbia Law School.
Financial aid is the fastest growing line in the Law School's operating budget. Nearly half of our students receive grants and scholarships.
- $200,000 or more permanently endows a named scholarship.
- $50,000 or more underwrites a named scholarship for a five-year term.
- $10,000 or more provides funding for a one-year scholarship.
Opportunities are made available for benefactors and scholarship recipients to meet each other annually.
Loan Repayment Assistance Program
To support graduates in their public interest career choices, the Law School offers a Loan Repayment Assistance Program that extends interest-free loans to repay law school debt. Loans are gradually forgiven while recipients remain in qualifying employment. We also offer fellowships for graduates working in eligible government, nonprofit, and public interest legal positions. These fellowships support new graduates for a year or more as they begin their careers.
- $100,000 permanently endows a named fellowship or public service and human rights summer internships.
- $5,000 funds one student for a public interest summer fellowship.