Sprintax is the tax preparation software provided by the ISSO for international students and scholars in F or J status, Sprintax is hosting this webinar to provide a general overview of the U.S. tax-filing process for nonresidents.
This informational webinar will cover:
- An overview of tax for nonresident students and scholars
- Who must file a 2020 US tax return
- What income forms students/scholars may receive
- Forms that need to be completed and sent to the IRS
- Terms like FICA, ITIN and Form 1098-T
- What happens if students/scholars don’t file, or misfile
- State tax returns
- IRS stimulus payments
- Sprintax overview
Note that they use GoToWebinar and not Zoom so be prepared in advance to log in. This is an ISSO sponsored event.