Hitotsubashi Law School
Study Abroad for a semester in Tokyo (in English)
Are you interested in spending the fall semester studying Global Business Law in Tokyo (in English)? Join us for an Info and Q&A Session with Professor Bruce Aronson, former Director of our exchange program at Hitotsubashi University's law school. Professor Aronson's main area of research is comparative corporate governance with a focus on Japan. He will speak about studying law in Japan and about opportunities for study and internships during a semester in Tokyo
Date: Wednesday February 12, 2020
Time: 12:10-1:10 pm
Location: William and June Warren Hall, Room 600
Please RSVP so we can gauge attendance and send materials regarding Tokyo programs to you if/when we have them...
Lunch will be served. We look forward to seeing you there!
The online study abroad application is open from February 1 to March 2, 2020
To apply for a study abroad program CLS students must follow these instructions before they can begin an application using CLS Passport:
- Login to LawNet (https://lawnetportal.law.columbia.edu/)
- Click on “Apply via CLS Passport" under the “ My Services” tab and accept the terms of agreement. (This gives the Office of International Programs permission to view your transcripts.)
- You will automatically be redirected to the CLS Passport login page.
- Login with your LawNet username and password.
- Search for the program you are interested in and click on "Apply Now."
- If you are interested in applying for more than one program, you can list your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices within the application.
- After accepting the terms of agreement on LawNet the first time you login, you can return to CLS Passport anytime during the application period. The programs are NOT first come-first served.
- To return, either Login to LawNet, “My Services,” “Apply via CLS Passport” and you will be automatically redirected
- OR Login directly to the application site by visiting http://passport.law.columbia.edu/.