Join Social Justice Initiatives at Columbia Law School for an information session on summer and postgraduate employment at the Department of Justice (DOJ). Trisha Fillbach, Assistant Director of DOJ's Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management, will discuss:
- The Attorney General's Honors Program, the premier entry-level federal attorney recruitment program, open to 3Ls as well as recent graduates who entered judicial clerkships, graduate law programs, or qualifying legal fellowships.
- The Summer Law Intern Program (SLIP), a competitive recruitment program for compensated summer internships.
Registration is limited to the first 100 people. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
The session will be held on the first floor of Jerome Greene Hall, 435 West 116th Street at Amsterdam Avenue, room TBA. The session is geared toward students of NYC metro area law schools.
Please note: DOJ applications for the Honors Program and for summer 2020 internships opens July 31 and closes on September 8 at 11:59 p.m., EST. Columbia Law School students interested in applying to either employment program are encouraged to meet with Rachel Pauley, Director of Government Programs, SJI, in addition to attending the session.
Hosted by Columbia Law School Social Justice Initiatives (SJI).
Not able to attend? Consider taking part in one of the following additional opportunities to learn about postgraduate hiring at the Department of Justice.
- The DOJ's Wednesday Webinar Series for law students and eligible graduates to hear directly from DOJ components participating in the Attorney General’s Honors Program and learn more about their work and what they look for in an applicant. (See below for details.)
- The DOJ's Career Information Fair, Thursday, July 11, at 3 p.m. EST, an opportunity for law students interested in the Honors Program, Summer Law Intern Program, and volunteer legal internships to learn more about the many offices and components at DOJ. There is no interviewing at the fair, but attendees meet attorneys from throughout the Department and can ask questions. The RSVP opens on June 19 at 12 p.m. EST. See attached flyer.
About the DOJ's Wednesday Webinar Series:
DATES AND PARTICIPATING OFFICES*
June 5, 2019
12:00 PM EST
- Antitrust Division
- Civil Division
- Criminal Division
- Tax Division
June 19, 2019
12:00 PM EST
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Environment and Natural Resources Division
- Executive Office of Immigration Review
- Civil Rights Division
July 10, 2019
12:00 PM EST
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- National Security Division
- United States Attorney’s Office
- United States Trustee Program
*Subject to change.