This spring semester, join Professor Katherine Franke's Gender Justice class at Columbia Law School.
Every week, between March 21st and April 25th, Professor Franke will have a guest speaker joining the class and will open it to the public. Speakers include lawyers and activists doing gender justice work on the ground.
Gender Justice classes take place on Tuesdays 4:20 - 6:10pm ET.
You may join either in person (JGH 102A) or via Zoom (requires registration: tinyurl.com/GenderJusticeSeries2023)
Schedule & Speakers:
- Tuesday, March 21: Joyce McMillan, JMAC for Families – Abolishing the “Child Welfare" System
- Tuesday, March 28: Ria Tabacco Mar, ACLU – The Frontlines of Gender Justice Nationally
- Tuesday, April 4: Dana Sussman, Pregnancy Justice – The Increasing Criminalization of Pregnancy
- Tuesday, April 11: Professor Dorothy Roberts, Author – "Torn Apart: How the Child Welfare System Destroys Black Families--and How Abolition Can Build a Safer World"
- Tuesday, April 18: David Hansell, Casey Family Programs – From HIV Advocacy to Promoting Safe Families
- Tuesday, April 25: Galen Sherwin, New York State Office of the Attorney General – The Frontlines of Reproductive Justice