The Competitive Advantage of
In-House Lawyers as Strategic Business Partners
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
6:30 p.m. Registration & Reception
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Panel
The Harmonie Club, Ballroom Suite,
4 East 60th Street (Off of Park Ave),
New York, NY 10022
Refreshments will be provided.
About the Event
As part of the Reuben Mark Initiative for Organizational Character and Leadership, a joint venture between Columbia Business and Law Schools to build courses and programming that impart lifelong leadership lessons and teach the mechanics of creating exceptional organizational character, we invite you to a panel discussion exploring the relationships between in-house lawyers and their business colleagues, and the competitive advantage that flows from strengthening those relationships. Specifically, the panel will highlight the role of the general counsel and in-house lawyer as a strategic advisor to the c-suite and business partners, and explore how this relationship can be leveraged to create a company with outstanding organizational character.
About The Speakers
- Jesse J. Greene, Executive in Residence, Columbia Business School & Former Chief Financial Risk Officer, IBM
- Laureen Seegar, Chief Legal Officer, American Express Company
- Gary Tickle, Former CEO, The Hain Celestial Group
- Bruce Sewell, Former Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Apple Inc.
- Kristin Bresnahan (Moderator), Executive Director, Millstein Center for Global Markets and Corporate Ownership, Columbia Law School and Co-Director, Reuben Mark Initiative for Organizational Character and Leadership, Columbia Business and Law Schools