Each year we hold this event so law students and young attorneys can hear from experienced Asian lawyers and learn about the Asian perspective in the legal profession. This year’s conference is titled "The Path Less Traveled: Success Beyond the Law Firm.” The panels will feature speakers who have used their legal education to find professional and personal success outside traditional legal practices. Speakers this year will hail from diverse backgrounds and work experiences, ranging from the nation's most prominent law firms, the tech startup sphere, education, and politics.
CLS APALSA will also be hosting a gala dinner (including an open bar, raffle, silent auction) following the conference from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM, catered by Momofuku. CLS APALSA is also pleased to announce that this year's Hong Yen Chang awardee is CLS alum Kevin D. Kim '99, who will be giving a few words in the spirit of our conference theme to our gala attendees this year!
To register for the conference and purchase tickets for the gala,* please click on one of the following links:
*$20 for CLS APALSA members / $25 for non-members and at the door.
Panel Check-In (JG106): 2:15-2:30 PM
Panel 1 (Identity, Self as an API Lawyer): 2:30-3:45 PM
- June S. Dipchand (Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP)
- Sohee Rho (Associate, Milbank LLP)
- Amer S. Ahmed (Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP)
- [More panelists TBD]
Panel 2 (Success Beyond the Law Firm): 4:00-5:15 PM
- Nara Lee (CEO and Founder, Doveras)
- Yang Chen (E. Director of AABANY)
- Nehal Madhani (CEO and Founder, Alt Legal)
- Emily A. Kim (CEO and Founder, Zeta Charter Schools)
- Andrew T. Hahn (General Counsel & Partner, Hawkins, Delafield & Wood LLP)
Panel 3 (The Road to Academia and Beyond): 5:30-6:16 PM
- Bert I. Huang (Michael I. Sovern Professor of Law at Columbia Law School)
- Nobuhisa Ishizuka (E. Director of the Center for Japanese Legal Studies at Columbia Law School)
- Judge Denny Chin (Circuit Judge for the US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit)
- Kathy Chin (Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP)
Gala Check-In (Low Library): 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Gala Dinner: 7:00 PM-9:30 PM