- Students will learn the unique challenges and responsibilities of ethical law practice in the federal government and D.C.-based not-for-profits.
- The students will discuss statutory and other sources of ethical rules for federal government employees and public interest lawyers and opportunities for reform.
- Students will have engaged in a critical examination of the multiple roles lawyers play in and with federal government offices and will have looked at these roles both substantively and through reflective writing.
- Students will have acquired an understanding of judicial, legislative, policy, and/or administrative processes.
- Students will also set their own learning goals for their individual placements.