Depending on your enrollment date, you may need to complete some items more immediately. Use this guide to assist with your on-boarding.
Your first step: formally enrolling at Columbia Law School.
You cannot complete any checklist items, pre-register for courses, or register for Early Interview Program until you have enrolled.
To secure the space that has been reserved for you in the Class of 2022, you must submit a $600 nonrefundable deposit.
Online Enrollment Form
Complete the Online Enrollment Form and make a payment by credit card (recommended).
- Activate your LawNet account
Name Pronunciation and Sound File
Emergency Contact Information
Emergency Contact Person
- Activate your Columbia University UNI/LionMail email account
- Submit an on-campus housing application
- Submit photograph for CUID
- Mail final law school transcripts to the Office of Admissions
- Submit immunization documentation
- Complete the University Life pre-arrival tutorials; the Office of University Life will email you with instructions
- Complete IT training for new students
- Complete the New Student Technology Guide
- Columbia Law Review transfer student application packet becomes available; there is a separate application period for all other Law School journals beginning on August 17.
- Last date to register for the Columbia Law Review transfer student application packet.
- Open enrollment for insurance begins
All students are required to carry health insurance while enrolled at Columbia University.
International students are required to carry the University Student insurance policy.
- Deadline to apply to Columbia Law Review
- Pre-Registration opens via LawNet 12 p.m. EDT. You must deposit before you pre-register.
- Transfer Orientation
- Orientation programming runs from 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. EDT.
- Optional Office of Judicial Clerkships, Social Justice Initiatives, and Office of Career Services office hours will run from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. EDT.
- Application to be a Moot Court Editor Opens via LawNet.
- Pre-Registration closes via LawNet 12 p.m. EDT. You must deposit before you pre-register.
- Application to be a Moot Court Editor closes at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- First day of full-semester classes for upper-year and LL.M. classes