Columbia Law School Resources
Find information on:
- Billing and payment
- Loan application materials
- Loan entrance counseling
- Student ID cards
- Disbursement of funds
- University refunds and direct deposit setup
- Cash advances
- Financial aid documents
- Deferment forms for prior educational loans
- Personal finances
- Elective tuition refund insurance plan in case of illness or accidents
Columbia University Resources
Federal and Institutional Student Loan Entrance Counseling
All Columbia Law School students borrowing any type of federal loan or Columbia University loan for the first time must complete Loan Entrance Counseling by August 1 to avoid loan disbursement.
- Federal Direct Stafford and Graduate PLUS Loan Entrance Counseling. All new students borrowing through the Federal Direct Loan Program must complete online Entrance Counseling for the Federal Direct Loan Programs (Federal Direct Stafford, Graduate PLUS) at the U.S. Department of Education website. The Entrance Counseling explains your rights and responsibilities as a federal student loan borrower for these loan programs. Your Direct Loan funds cannot be released without the completion of the online Entrance Counseling.
- Columbia University Loan Entrance Interview. If you were awarded a Columbia University loan, you can find the instructions for completing the Entrance Interview and the required loan documents for this loan program on Student Services Online. The university's Student Financial Services (SFS) division cannot disburse University loan funds to your student account until your Entrance Interview is received.
William and June Warren Hall, 5th Floor
- Send an email