If you applied prior to the 2019-2020 academic year, you must submit an entirely new online application and new transcripts, TOEFL scores, and letters of recommendation through LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service.
Note: Please apply using the same LSAC number that you used in your original application for admission. This allows us to match your transcripts and other documents from your original application to your new application.
If you applied for admission in 2019-2020, please follow these instructions to reapply for admission for the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Use the same LSAC number with which you originally applied for admission. If you do not use the same LSAC number, we will not be able to match your old application materials with your new materials, and you will be required to submit all new transcripts, letters of recommendation, and TOEFL scores to LSAC.
- Complete Columbia Law School’s online application through LSAC, and pay the $85 application fee. The online application should include a new Personal Statement; Resume; Application for Financial Assistance (if applicable); Appel, Jagdish Bhagwati, Human Rights Fellowship, or Center for Public Interest and Leadership Lemann Scholar Awards Applications (if applicable); and any other updates you feel are relevant to your new application.
- Pay the CAS report fee for Columbia Law School. This allows us to transfer your CAS report from your old application to your new application. Unfortunately, neither Columbia nor LSAC can waive this fee. No exceptions will be made.
- Submit one additional Letter of Recommendation through LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service.
- If you have completed any additional schooling since you originally applied, submit your updated or additional transcripts to LSAC through their Credential Assembly Service.
The reapplication fee will not be waived under any circumstances. Reapplicants who were not originally granted admission are not eligible for the Early Review Program. The reapplication deadline is December 18, 2019.