The Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) is a two-hour, 60-question multiple-choice exam developed and administered by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE). The exam measures your knowledge and understanding of established standards for the professional conduct of lawyers.
The MPRE will be offered 3 times in 2018:
Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Registration Deadline: February 1, 2018 ($95 fee).
- Late Registration: February 8, 2018 ($190 fee).
Saturday, August, 11 2018
- Registration Deadline: June 21, 2018.
- Late Registration: June 28, 2018.
Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Registration Deadline: September 20, 2018
- Late Registration: September 27, 2018.
You must register for the MPRE through your NCBE account. For more information on the MPRE and registering for the exam, please visit the NCBE’s MPRE website.
Students generally take the MPRE in March of their 3L year. Although it can be helpful, you are not required to take a Professional Responsibility course at CLS before you take the MPRE.