The Center for Public Research and Leadership (CPRL) mobilizes professionally supervised teams of talented and committed graduate students from top U.S. universities to provide high-quality, full-time, affordable consulting support to education sector organizations nationwide.
Clients pay a modest consulting fee that enables CPRL to employ exceptionally experienced and capable project supervisors, cover its operational expenses, and provide a pipeline of highly qualified graduates into management, leadership and professional roles in P-12 organizations working to improve the educational outcomes and life chances of all children. CPRL students receive academic credit for their project work, greatly reducing costs to clients and allowing CPRL pricing to remain well below market rates.
CPRL works with a diverse set of educational and public sector organizations including state departments of education, local school districts, charter school organizations, individual schools, community-based organizations, national and local education sector support and advocacy groups, community-based organizations, education-focused philanthropic foundations, child-welfare agencies, and other public- and social-sector agencies, non-profits and start-ups. CPRL has served clients in Arkansas, California, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Louisiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, and Texas.
In a survey of clients served between August 2014 and August 2016 (response rate=88%):
- 100% of clients were satisfied with CPRL’s services
- 100% of clients agreed that CPRL’s work met the organization’s needs and the project objectives
- 100% of clients agreed that CPRL’s work helped them learn from experience and improve
- 100% of clients who have implemented CPRL’s tools and/or acted upon their recommendations perceive the implementation to be successful
- 100% of clients stated that they would be likely to engage CPRL for future projects
- 100% of clients stated that they would recommend CPRL to organizations similar to theirs
In volunteered comments, clients singled out CPRL’s ability to engage in “highly complex work,” produce “high quality,” and “timely” deliverables, and transform “theory and research into practice in very real and concrete ways.”