New York, Jan. 10—Karl P. Sauvant, executive director of the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment and a senior research scholar and lecturer in law at Columbia Law School, has contributed his editorial insight to a number of recent books on foreign direct investment from emerging markets. Recent additions to the Vale Center oeuvre include:
● Published December 2011 and October 2010 by Oxford University Press; edited by Karl P. Sauvant. This essay collection monitors current developments in international investment law and policy, focusing on trends in foreign direct investment, international investment agreements, investment disputes, and especially key issues in international investment law and policy.
● Published June 2011 by Oxford University Press; edited by Mark Kantor, Michael D. Nolan, and Karl P. Sauvant. This comprehensive two-volume work is a collection of all of the determinations of the Overseas Private Investment Corporations, the U.S. governmental political risk insurance provider. Up until now, the historic decisions have been largely unavailable and difficult to find.
● Published October 2010 by Palgrave Macmillan; edited by Karl P. Sauvant and Geraldine McAllister, with Wolfgang A. Maschek. This anthology brings together the latest scholarship on the subject by contributors from around the world. It has been called “a timely book on an important topic” and “a very welcome addition to a better understanding of developing country multinational firms.”
● Published in 2010 by Palgrave Macmillan; edited by Karl P. Sauvant and Prakash Pradhan, with Ayesha Chatterjee and Brian Harley. This anthology of original contributions looks at a range of issues that arise in connection with the growth of Indian multinationals. It has been called an “eye opener” and a “remarkable collection of essays by some of the sharpest analysts in the field”.
Sauvant also co-edited three Vale Columbia Center publications that are available free as ebooks:
● Published by the Vale Columbia Center in January 2011; edited by Karl P. Sauvant, Lisa Sachs, Ken Davies, and Ruben Zandvliet. This collection of op ed-like brief essays looks, from a policy-oriented angle, at a range of issues that arise in connection with the growth of foreign direct investment.
● Published by the Vale Columbia Center January 2011; edited by Karl P. Sauvant, Vishwas Govitrikar and Ken Davies. This collection of reports by researchers from around the world looks at the largest multinational enterprises based in a number of emerging markets.
● Published by the Vale Columbia Center January 2011; edited by Karl P. Sauvant, Thomas Jost, Ken Davies, and Ana-Maria Poveda Garcés. This compendium of reports from countries around the world provides up-to-date information on the flow of foreign direct investment.
The Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment (VCC) seeks to be a leader on issues related to foreign direct investment (FDI) in the global economy, paying special attention to the sustainability dimension of this investment.