Subscription Services and Charges
January - December 2017
Download this information in a one-page PDF
The Library is registered with the Copyright Clearance Center, which acts as a clearinghouse for publishers and authors. Fees noted below do not include royalty fees paid by the Library to the Center. These charges are passed on to the requester.
- Full Day $5,800, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Half-Day $4,000, 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Circulation Policy:
Subscribers may borrow one- or two-volume works. Excluded are items which are non-circulating, e.g., all looseleafs, reference books, primary materials, serials, or individual volumes from sets of three volumes or more.
- Borrowing Period:
- Two weeks (no charge)
- One renewal of one week in length, if book is not needed by another patron.
- Fines for late return:
- $2 per day for first three weeks overdue.
- $4 per day after three weeks, with $200.00 maximum fine.
- $2 [extra] per day for Reserve Collection titles (Reserve items with multiple copies are available only during the summer – 1 week loan, no renewals).
- $2 extra per day for an item which has been recalled.
- Charge for a lost book:
- Late return fine, plus replacement and processing costs.
Copying and Sending
Per image/page charge:
Book scan copy
Fiche/film scan copy
PDF (individual page print/download)
Fiche/film to paper
eFile (.pdf) sent via email (per 50 pages)
- Rush Service:
Book Request - $10 (ILL requests received 15 minutes [or less] before your firm's subscription period ends/end of business day).
Copy Request - $20 (we should be able to complete scan requests and send them within one hour of receiving cost approval/approval to proceed).
- $20 per 15 minutes. We can do limited amounts of research, but we cannot provide legal advice or guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the material.
- $20 service fee for copy requests from other libraries on the Morningside Campus. Same-day service is not always available for this type of request.
Access to the Library
Subscribers receive six annual passes which may be used during regular library hours for firm-related purposes by any member of the firm. Special arrangements will need to be made for weekend visits.
Delivery of Books and Documents
- PDFs sent via email.
- Pick up by your courier - see our address and hours.
- Books may be sent by Federal Express; your account number must be provided.
- PDF prints may be sent by U.S. mail.