Trading in IP: Copyright Treaties and International
October 14, 2016
1. Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS - the Intellectual Property provisions of the WTO Agreement)
2. Intellectual Property Provisions of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
3. United States Trade Representative, Chapter 18 of the TPP: Intellectual Property, U.S.T.R.: Medium, The Official Blog of the U.S. Trade Representative (Nov. 5, 2015).
4. Roger Alford (ed.), Scholars Debate Investment Arbitration Chapter in TPP and TTIP, Kluwer: Kluwer Arbitration Blog (Apr. 7, 2015).
5. Jonathan Band, Evolution of the Copyright Exceptions and Limitations Provision in the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (November 11, 2015).
6. Krista Cox, Intellectual Property Rules in Free Trade Agreements and Impacts on Investment in Developing Nations, 35 J. of Int’l Law 1045 (2014).
7. Rochelle Dreyfuss & Susy Frankel, From Incentive to Commodity to Asset: How International Law Is Reconceptualizing Intellectual Property, 36 Mich. J. Int'l L. 557 (2015).
8. Susy Frankel, WTO Application of “The Customary Rules of Interpretation of Public International Law” to Intellectual Property, 46 Va. J. Int'l L. 365 (2006).
9. Susy Frankel, The International Copyright Problem and Durable Solutions, 18 Vand. J. Ent. & Tech. L. 39 (2015).
10. Sean M. Flynn et. al., The U.S. Proposal for an Intellectual Property Chapter in the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, 28 Am. U. Int'l L. Rev. 105 (2012).
11. Margot E. Kaminski, The Capture of International Intellectual Property Law through the U.S. Trade Regime, 87 S. Cal. L. Rev. 977 (2014).
12. Alexis Kramer, Tech, Internet Groups Keep Up Fight For Trade Pact as Election Casts Shadow, 21 ECLR 32 (August 17, 2016).
Reproduced with permission from Electronic Commerce & Law Report, 21 ECLR 32 (Aug. 17, 2016). Copyright 2016 by The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. (800-372-1033)http://www.bna.com.
13. Declaration of Stanford McCoy at 4-5, Elec. Frontier Found. v. Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, No. 1:08-cv-01599-AMC (D.D.C. May 29, 2009).
14. Eric J. Schwartz, An Overview of the International Treatment of Exceptions, 57 J. Copyright Soc'y U.S.A. 473 (2010).
15. Isaac Wohl, The Antigua-United States Online Gambling Dispute, United States Int’l Trade Comm’n Journal of International Commerce and Economics (Web version, July 2009).
Optional Reading: Antony Taubman, Hannu Wager, and Jayashree Watal, Eds. A Handbook on the WTO TRIPS Agreement (Cambridge Univ. Press 2012).