Mobile Device Management Policies
Information Technology at Columbia Law School (Law IT) abides by and upholds Columbia University’s Registration and Protection of Endpoints Policy, which protects mobile device endpoints that process, transmit, and store data in support of academic or administrative operations.
If your mobile device is issued or financially subsidized by the Law School, it is required that it be enrolled in Law IT's Mobile Device Management (MDM) system.
Security provided by Mobile Device Management
- Encryption of data on the mobile device
- Secure remote wipe if the device is lost or stolen
- Lock after 5 minutes of inactivity
- Data erase after 10 successive failed password or login attempts
- Enrollment in the University's Emergency Text Message Notification System
Law IT is unable to monitor or surveil devices enrolled in the MDM system—faculty and staff communications are private.