Technology we support
Law IT supports a variety of digital services, systems, and technology at Columbia Law School.
The Helpdesk and Multimedia teams are trained to support specific digital services, systems, and technology at the Law School.
Law IT's scope of coverage*
- Audio-visual and classroom technology
- Class email lists
- Computer-Based Training and New Student Guide
- G and H drives and remote access
- Computers and software at the Law School***
- Internet access
- Law School email addresses (e.g., email@example.com)
- LawNet – Law School directory, course registration, add/drop, grades, course evaluations, registration for wireless and Ethernet cards
- Networks – open and secure wireless, and secure wired, Ethernet
- Printers and scanners
- Purchase of computers, peripherals, and software
- Training, tutorials, and guides
Updated Spring 2015
*Should a technology be outside of our scope of coverage, we will always try our best to provide support but cannot guarantee resolution.
**Legacy system currently being phased out.
***All PC computers at the Law School are imaged with a standard suite of office productivity and research software.