Professor Sarah Knuckey and Human Rights Institute Seek Research Assistants
Research Assistants (1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls, and LLMs) are sought for work on the following scholarly research projects:
* Critiques of human rights. RAs will join an international research project to study human rights critiques and how NGOs are responding. (Working with Sarah Knuckey and HRI's Benjamin Hoffman).
* Mental health, psycho-social wellbeing, and human rights. RAs will join an interdisciplinary team conducting a global study of mental health and trauma exposure in the human rights field. (Working with Sarah Knuckey).
* Human rights accountability in the United States. RAs will research US engagement with the Inter-American Human Rights System, and local, regional and international mechanisms for human rights accountability. (Working with HRI's Joann Ward).
* Business and human rights. RAs will analyze the role of workers and affected communities in multiple "business and human rights" initiatives. (Working with HRI's Benjamin Hoffman).
* Diversity and inclusion within law schools and the human rights field. RAs will carry out research into identity-based injustice and strategies to improve it within the legal education and the human rights field. (Working with Sarah Knuckey and HRI's Anjli Parrin).
* Counterterrorism, armed conflict, and human rights. RAs will carry out international law research into the use of force, and the duty to investigate in situations of armed conflict. They will also join a project to increase the representation of advocates from countries affected by US counterterrorism operations in US policy discussions. (Working with Sarah Knuckey and HRI's Alex Moorehead and Rahma Hussein).
Please apply by August 28, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send an email setting out which of the projects you are interested in and describing your commitment to social justice, and include your CV. All CLS students, including 1Ls and LLMs are encouraged to apply.