Human Rights Institute
The Human Rights Institute serves as the focal point of international human rights education, scholarship and practice at Columbia Law School. The Institute currently focuses on a number of key themes, and, throughout the year, hosts a wide array of symposia, lectures, and other events to bring practitioners and scholars together.
- Columbia Law School lecturer in law, Anthony Ewing, on corporate responses to the immigration ban as human rights impact management.
- The Institute's Rahma Hussein on the human rights constraints on African assistance to the Trump administration.
- In a recent post, HRI's Alex Moorehead and former HRI Project Senior Director, Nathalie Weizmann, explain how the joint HRI-Columbia Human Rights Law Review 'Forever War' symposium edition offers a timely perspective on Trump's policies.
- The Trump Administration has many questions to answer regarding Yemen’s consent for US counterterrorism operations, says HRI’s Alex Moorehead in a recent post.
- The Columbia Law School Human Rights Clinic submits an amicus brief urging New York court to ensure farmworkers receive basic labor protections.
- The Columbia Law School Human Rights Institute, Human Rights Clinic, Human Rights Law Review, and Rightslink are pleased to announce the inaugural ‘Columbia Law School Human Rights Student Paper Symposium.'
- The Independent covers the recently launched "Trump Human Rights Tracker,"a collaboration from the Columbia Human Rights Law Review, Rightslink, Human Rights Institute, and Human Rights Clinic.
- Human rights law experts urge airlines to ensure that rights of refugees, asylum seekers, and other travelers are not prejudiced as a result of air travel limitations imposed by U.S. executive authorities.
- The Institute's JoAnn Ward discusses the need for state and local defense of women and girls' rights as fundamental human rights on her recent blog post.
- Following rare U.S. government acknowledgment of civilian casualties, serious questions remain regarding controversial counterterrorism operation in Yemen, says Alex Moorehead in a recent post on Just Security.
- Columbia Law School human rights organizations launch tool to track Trump’s human rights record.
More News and Features