Associate in Law
- J.S.D. Candidate, Tel-Aviv University, Law Faculty, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- LL.M. (2010, magna cum laude), Tel-Aviv University, Law Faculty, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- LL.B. (2006), The Law School, The Interdisciplinary Center, Hertzliya, Israel
(2006–2011) The School of Law, The College of Management, Rishon le-Zion: Tutor, Constitutional Law; Clinical Professor, Freedom of Information Workshop; Adjunct Professor, Constitutional Influences on Criminal Law
(2005–2011) Movement for Freedom of Information in Israel, Rishon le-Zion:
(2005–2007) Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies, Jerusalem: Advisor
(2003–2004) Geneva Initiative Campaign, Tel-Aviv: Chief Operations Officer
(2001–2005) Kibbutz Movement, Tel Aviv Israel: Director of Ideological Department
(1997–2001) Ministry of Agriculture, Israel: Advisor to the Minister
(1997–1999) The Knesset, Jerusalem, Israel: Assistant to MK Oron, Meretz Faction ChairpersonPublicationsAccepted Articles:
- Orna Ben-Naftali & Roy Peled, How much Secrecy Does Warfare Need? in: Transparency in International Law (Andrea Bianchi and Anne Peters ed., forthcoming 2012, Oxfor University Press).
- Roy Peled & Yoram Rabin, The Constitutional Right to Know, 42(2) Colum. Hum. Rts. L. Rev. (forthcoming, April 2011).
- Yoram Rabin & Roy Peled, Transfer of Sovereignty over Populated Territories from Israel to a Palestinian State: The International Law Perspective, 17 Minn. J. Int'l L. 59 (2008)
- Yoram Rabin & Roy Peled, Seven Years for the Freedom of Information Law – Has the expected Transparency been achieved? 20 Hamishpat (Law Review) 89 (2005) (in Hebrew).
- Yoram Rabin & Roy Peled, Between FOI Law and FOI Culture: The Israeli Experience 1 (2) Open Government: Journal on Freedom of Information 41 (2005).
Conferences and Seminars
- Roy Peled, Sunlight Where it's Needed: The Case for Freedom of Corporate Information. Available at: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1706608 (accepted as a paper for presentation in the 1st Global Conference on Transparency Research, Rutgers University School of Public Affairs and Administration, May 2011).
- Georgetown Leadership Seminar, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA. (2004)
- Military Service in the Israel Defense Force
- IDF Liaison Unit (2002–2005); Liaison NCO to the Egyptian Army and Multinational Force and Observers in Sinai (1993–1994); Ops Room NCO in Unit HQ in Tel-Aviv (1994–1996)
Israeli Law and Society Association, Secretary (pending approval, February 2011); Pro-bono media counseling for public campaigns, including to “Woman A” who brought to the conviction of former President Katzav in rape charges (2005–); HaShomer HaTzair Youth Movement, public council member (2006–); Meretz Party, executive board member, head of internet campaign (2001–); Ehud Barak 2001 Prime-Ministerial Campaign, head of Arab sector campaign (2000–2001); Director of several Israeli-Palestinian People to People projects (1992–1999).