Guido A. Ferrarini
UniCredit Visiting Professor of European Legal Studies (Fall 2013)
Areas of teaching and research
- Comparative corporate governance
- Financial regulation
- Ghent University, Doctor Honoris Causa, 2009
- Yale Law School, LL.M., 1978
- Genoa Law School, J.D., 1972
Guido A. Ferrarini is professor of business law at the University of Genoa Department of Law and director of the Genoa Centre for Law and Finance. He is a founder, director, and fellow of the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI), Brussels, chairman of EuroTLX (a multilateral trading facility), and a board member of Banca Passadore.
Ferrarini was a member of the Board of Trustees, International Accounting Standards Committee (IASC), London and an independent director at some Italian blue-chip companies (Atlantia, Telecom Italia and TIM). He was an advisor to the Draghi Commission on Financial Markets Law Reform, to Consob (the Italian Securities Commission) and to the Corporate Governance Committee of the Italian Stock Exchange.
He has held visiting professorships at several universities in Europe (Bonn, Frankfurt, Ghent, Hamburg, LSE, UCL, Tilburg and Duisenberg) and in the U.S., teaching courses on comparative corporate governance and financial regulation. He is author of many articles in the fields of financial law, corporate law, and business law, and editor of several books, including the recent Financial Regulation and Supervision: A Post-crisis Analysis (with E. Wymeersch and K. Hopt).Selected publicationsEdited volumes
- Boards and Shareholders in European Listed Companies: Facts, Context and Post-Crisis Reforms, Cambridge University Press, with Belcredi, forthcoming 2013.
- Investor Protection in Europe, Oxford University Press, with Wymeersch, 2006.
- Reforming Takeover and Company Law in Europe, Oxford University Press, with Hopt, Winter and Wymeersch, 2004
- "Corporate Boards, Incentive Pay and Shareholder Activism in Europe: Main Issues and Policy Perspectives," in M. Belcredi and G. Ferrarini (Eds.), Boards and Shareholders in European Listed Companies, Cambridge University Press, with Massimo Belcredi, forthcoming 2013.
- "Directors’ Remuneration Before and After the Crisis: Measuring the Impact of Reforms in Europe," in M. Belcredi and G. Ferrarini (Eds.), Boards and Shareholders in European Listed Companies, Cambridge University Press, with Roberto Barontini, Stefano Bozzi, Maria Cristina Ungureanu).
- Regulating Multinational Banks in Europe: An Assessment of the New
Supervisory Framework, Current Developments in Monetary and Financial
Law, Vol 6, International Monetary Fund, with Filippo Chiodini, 2012, pp. 93-154.