Section Description Provided by Instructor
- See Rule 1.11 for a description of point credits that may be earned by work for a journal. Up to two (2) points may be earned for work on an editorial board; a third point may be earned for a note published in a Columbia Law School journal. All points count toward the 18 non-class points allowed for J.D. credit (see Rule 1.1).
- LL.M.s may not earn writing or academic credit for journal participation.
- Section 1 indicates participation in the journal (0 pts)
- Section 2 indicates editorial board (1 pt)
- Section 3 indicates note publication (1 pt)
The Columbia Journal of European Law (CJEL) is published under the auspices of the Columbia University School of Law and the Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law, in cooperation with the Institute for European Law of the Katholieke Universiteit in Leuven, Belgium. ?CJEL actively encourages contributions exploring any dimension of European law, including those at the Community, national, or regional levels, as well as those relevant to broader questions of the development of law and legal institutions in Europe as a whole. ?As a result of CJEL?s 2009 merger with the Columbia Journal of East European Law, an East European Law Editor was added to the board to ensure that CJEEL?s mission of providing the most timely and provocative scholarship on Russia and the former Soviet Republics is continued.? The new, consolidated CJEL more accurately reflects the growing unity on the European continent, while still acknowledging and engaging the persisting differences that lie therein.? CJEL seeks to present articles, whether authored by Americans, Europeans, or scholars from other parts of the world, that bring special comparative, historical, and political perspectives to bear on the issues under discussion. ?We draw our staff from second and third-year J.D. candidates and postgraduate law students. ?CJEL staff need no prior background or training in European law or languages.
Method of Evaluation
J.D. Writing Credit
Learning Outcome Goals
No learning outcome goals have been provided.