The Law and Economics Workshop on Contract and Economic Organization has gathered scholars from around the world to engage in topics pursuant to the law and economics of contracts, commercial transactions and business organizations. The Workshop furthers a cross-disciplinary discussion of working papers, and is renowned for the quality of discussion and the ideas the individual sessions generate.
The Center hosts the Workshop in the Spring semester, and invites speakers from Law Schools in the first half and economists in the second half, thus bridging the space between the two disciplines in the course of the series.
Spring 2018 Workshop Series Schedule
All presenters and topics are subject to change. All workshops will take place in Case Lounge (Jerome Greene Hall, Room 701) from 4:20-6:10 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
January 22, 2018 (Monday) 4:20 PM - 6:10 PM
Douglas G. Baird
- Harry A. Bigelow Distinguished Service Professor of Law, The University of Chicago, The Law School
February 5, 2018 (Monday) 4:20 PM - 6:10 PM
Wendy Netter Epstein
- Associate Professor of Law, DePaul University College of Law
February 19, 2018 (Monday) 4:20 PM - 6:10 PM
- Professor of Law, The George Washington University Law School
March 8, 2018 (Thursday) 12:00 PM - 1:10 PM
- Professor of Law, New York University School of Law
March 26, 2018 (Monday) 4:20 PM - 6:10 PM
- Walter M. Upchurch, Jr. Professor, Fuqua School of Business at Duke University
- Sterling Professor Law, Yale University Law School
April 9, 2018 (Monday) 4:20 PM - 6:10 PM
- Professor of Strategic Manaagement and Jeffrey S. Skoll Chair of Technical Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
April 23, 2018 (Monday) 4:20 PM - 6:10 PM
- Assistant Professor of Finance, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
For more information on past Workshops, please click on a semester below:
Please note that the linked papers may not be the most current version, as these were the papers used during the workshop.