Learn more about these exciting experiential learning opportunities from externship teachers and former students. A list of externships that will be offered in the fall and participating in the Fair can be found below. Applications for all Fall externships are due to instructors by 5:00pm on Friday, April 7th.
For full descriptions of the courses listed below, including application instructions and answers to FAQs, visit the Fall 2017 Externships webpage.
- Arts Law Externship (at Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts)
- Bronx Defenders Externship on Holistic Defense
- Community Defense Externship (Full-Year Course at Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem)
- Copyright Dispute Resolution Externship (at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP)
- Criminal Appeals Externship (at Center for Appellate Litigation)
- Domestic Violence Prosecution Externship (at Queens District Attorney's Office)
- Federal Appellate Court Externship (at the Second Circuit Court of Appeals)
- Federal Court Clerk Externship: Southern District of New York
- Federal Court Clerk Externship: Eastern District of New York
- Immigration Defense Externship (at The Legal Aid Society)
- Low-Wage Worker Externship (at The Legal Aid Society)
- New York State Attorney General's Externship on Advancing Social and Environmental Justice
- U.S. Attorney’s Office Southern District of New York Externship (Federal Prosecution)
Though not an Externship, Prof. James Liebman's Public Education Policy Seminar and Practicum will also have a table at the Fair. There will also be information available about the 2017-2018 Pro Bono Scholars Program, which includes the Spring Externship on Social Justice Lawyering.
Pizza will be served. Hosted by SJI.