1. Symplicity Log-In Information
Columbia Law School uses Symplicity for on-line registration and resume and schedule delivery. If this is your first time registering for any Career Services recruitment service, please follow the above link and register online. After doing so, you will receive your username and password via email. If you are a returning participant, you should already have a username and password. If you have forgotten your password, click ‘Forgot Password’ to receive a new one via email.
2. 2012 On-Campus Interview (OCI) Feedback Form
Before you register, the system will prompt you to provide feedback on all hiring decisions made through the program last year. This will be very helpful in compiling our employment reports and advising future candidates. You are only required to fill out the ‘OCI Feedback’ tab, NOT the ‘Summer Program Outcome’ tab (this tab is for a separate interview program also being run concurrently through Symplicity). To bypass the ‘Summer Program Outcome’ tab, select ‘No’ next to Student Participation and click ‘Finalize’.
If you did not participate in last year’s program or did not invite any students for a second interview, on the ‘OCI Feedback’ tab, please select ‘No’ at the top of the list and click ‘Finalize’.
OCI Feedback Terms
· Callback Invitation – Select if you invited a student in for a follow up interview after the Interview Program.
· Callback Interview – Select if the student accepted the invitation for a second interview.
· Extended Offer – Select if the student received an offer of employment.
· Accepted Offer – Select if the student accepted an offer of employment.
· No Offer Extended – Select if the student did not receive an offer of employment following a second interview. (You do not need to select this option if a student was not extended a second interview.)
3. Schedule Requests (Registration): After you have ‘Submitted’ your evaluation form, click on the ‘Schedule Requests’ tab, then ‘Request Schedule’ to take you to the Registration form. Below are helpful tips when filling out the registration form:
· Additional Locations - List the additional locations for which you are interviewing. Only complete this section if the registering office is interviewing for all additional locations, and you want students interested in interviewing for all of these locations to be placed onto one schedule. If you want students separated out onto different schedules by location, you must submit a separate registration form for each office.
· Allow Interviews with Multiple Offices - This is for contacts registering for multiple offices. Click ‘Yes’ if you want students to interview separately with each office they are interested in. Click ‘No’ if you only want to interview students once with your firm.
· Hospitality Suites - Please indicate whether or not you want a hospitality suite in the ‘Scheduling Notes’ section.
· Position Description - In this section, please feel free to include information about your firm, the program students will be interviewing for, or other pertinent information about the position itself.
· Program Length - You will be asked to indicate the program length of the position for which the student is interviewing to enable students to appropriately prepare for interviews (ie. one-year or permanent). Please also note the primary office where the candidate will be placed, including if the position will begin in a different office.
· Rooms (#) - Type in the number of rooms, and therefore schedules, you would like at the interview program.
· Transcripts - Please be sure to indicate if you would like to see student transcripts by clicking the appropriate box in the ‘Additional Requests’ box. If you do not specify that you would like to review transcripts, you will not receive them for the selection process.
4. Submit: Be sure to click ‘Submit’ or your registration will not go through.