Apply to the Associates in Law Program
Thank you for your interest in Columbia Law School's Associates in Law Program. We have completed the hiring process for the 2018-2019 academic year. We will start accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic year in September. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Applicants must complete and submit an online application and upload the following documents (in PDF format):
- Cover letter: If you wish to pursue graduate legal studies (LL.M. or J.S.D.) while serving as an associate, please so note in your cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Research and teaching agenda, which should discuss in detail the academic projects you plan to undertake as an associate, as well as any relevant teaching experience.
- Scholarly writing sample that demonstrates your writing and analytical abilities, as well as your ability to generate interesting, original ideas.
- Up to three letters of recommendation, of which at least two must be from professors who can comment specifically on your scholarly potential, proposed research projects, and teaching experience.
- Official transcripts from all law schools attended.
While we strongly prefer that you submit all supporting documents electronically, we understand that some recommenders may prefer to submit their letters directly to Columbia Law School. In this case, please list the recommender’s name and institution on your application and ask the recommender to submit the letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters submitted by email should be in pdf format and should not be submitted until you have submitted your application. All other supporting documents must be uploaded to the online application. Reach us by email at email@example.com for additional information.