Externship Fair for Spring 2014 Externships
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 05:00 PM EDT
-- 07:00 PM EDT
JG Case Lounge (7th Floor)
Want to work with leading NYC public interest and government lawyers for academic credit? Want to supplement that work with a seminar that discusses the related substantive, ethical and procedural law and broader social justice issues? This Spring's Externships allow you to do this and more. Join the Externship professors and current and past students to learn more about these exciting experiential learning opportunities.
Applications for all Spring '14 Externships are due to instructors by 5pm on Wednesday, October 30th.
The Externships offered in Spring '14 are:
- Arts Law Externship (at Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts)
- Bronx Defenders Externship on Holistic Defense (at Bronx Defenders)
- City & State Policy Advocacy Externship (at Center for Popular Democracy and National Employment Law Project)
- Domestic Violence Prosecution Externship (at Queens County District Attorney's Office)
- Federal Appellate Court Externship (w/ Second Circuit Judges)
- Federal Court Clerk Externship: Eastern District of New York (w/ EDNY Judges)
- Federal Court Clerk Externship: Southern District of New York (w/ SDNY Judges)
- Undocumented and Unaccompanied Immigrant Youth Externship (at Legal Aid Society's Immigration Law Unit) - Pending Faculty Approval
- Externship on the New York Attorney General's Role in Law Enforcement and Social Justice (at NY AG)
- Pro Bono Practice and Design Externship (at approved NGOs of the students' choosing)
- Representing NYC Externship (at the New York City Law Department)
- United Nations Externship (at the UN)
- Federal Prosecution Externship: EDNY (at US Attorney's Office, Eastern District of NY)
For more information on these Externships, including how to apply, visit the Externships webpage for Spring 2014
.Pizza will be served. Hosted by SJI.