Externship Expo for Fall 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 05:30 PM EDT
-- 07:30 PM EDT
Want to work with leading NYC public interest and government lawyers for academic credit? Want to supplement that work with a seminar that discusses the related substantive, ethical and procedural law as well as broader social justice issues? Externships allow you to do this and more.
Come to the Externship Expo, where faculty and student representatives of the externships offered at Columbia Law School in Fall 2011 will describe their courses and answer questions.
The Externships offered for Fall 2011 are:
- Arts Law Externship
- Community Defense Externship (at Neighborhood Defender Service)
- Criminal Appeals Externship
- Domestic Violence Prosecution Externship: Queens County District Attorneys Office
- Federal Appellate Court Externship (with Second Circuit Judges)
- Federal Court Clerk Externship (with SDNY and EDNY Judges)
- Immigration Defense Externship
- U.S. Attorney’s Office: Southern District of New York Externship
The deadline for applying for these externships is Tuesday, April 5th at 4 p.m. Detailed descriptions and applications for these externships will be available on the Social Justice Initiatives website
on or before Tuesday, March 29th. If you have questions about specific externships, we welcome you to bring them to the Expo.
Pizza will be served.
For more information, contact Brian Juergens at firstname.lastname@example.org.