Externship Expo for Fall '12 Externships
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 05:30 PM EDT
-- 07:00 PM EDT
Want to work with leading NYC public interest and government lawyers for academic credit? Want to supplement that work with a seminar that discusses the related substantive, ethical and procedural law and broader social justice issues? Externships allow you to do this and more.
Join us at the Externship Expo to table hop and learn about the Externships being offered in Fall 2012 or the full academic year, including several new and revamped courses. Visit the tables of the Externships that interest you to learn more about the offerings from the course instructors and former students.
Below is a list of the Externships offered for Fall 2012. For full descriptions and application instructions, please visit the Fall 2012 Externships webpage.
· Arts Law Externship (at Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts)
· NEW! Bronx Defenders Externship on Holistic Defense (at Bronx Defenders)
· NEW! City & State Policy Advocacy Externship (at Center for Popular Democracy and National Employment Law Project)
· NEW! Community Defense Externship (Full year, at Neighborhood Defender Service)
· NEW! Externship on Constitutional Rights Enforcement in Capital, Habeas and Prison Cases (Full year, at Squire, Sanders LLP's Public Service Initiative)
· Criminal Appeals Externship (at Center for Appellate Litigation)
· Domestic Violence Prosecution Externship (at Queens District Attorney)
· Federal Appellate Court Externship (at the Second Court of Appeals)
· Federal Court Clerk Externship (at the district courts for the SDNY and EDNY)
· Immigration Defense Externship (at The Legal Aid Society's Immigration Law Unit)
· U.S. Attorney’s Office Southern District of New York Externship (Federal Prosecution)
The deadline for applying to these externships will be Monday, April 2nd, 2012.
Also participating in the Expo but not subject to the above deadline (please visit the Curriculum Guide for more info):
· Judicial Externship – August Intensive Course (for students interning this summer)
· Diversity and Innovation Seminar and Practicum (w/ Professor Susan Sturm)
Presented by Social Justice Initiatives. Dinner will be served.
Columbia University makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. If you require disability accommodations to attend this event, please contact Brian Juergens at least 5 days in advance of the event.