The following steps must be taken to pay a prize or award to a Columbia Law School student:
- Student must be set up as a vendor. Complete the Student Award Template and submit a completed W-9 (password protected).
- Create a check request for the dollar amount of the prize/award.
- Submit a copy of the official award letter as supporting documentation.
- Complete the Business Office coversheet.
- Submit all of the above paperwork to Anna Lynch-McNamara.
NB: If the student is INTERNATIONAL, a different tax form (W8BEN) and copies of the passport and visa are required.