Crime Prevention Tips
- Do not place laptop computers or valuables in lockers.
- Keep laptop computers in full sight at all times.
- Use a security cable to lock laptops to anchors found at desks throughout the law library; cables are available at wholesale pricing through the Crime Prevention office at Columbia University Public Safety.
- Have your laptop engraved with a unique ID number that is kept on file with the New York Police Department and Columbia University Public Safety.
- Back up important files to the H: drive on your network account.
- During the exams period, be alert of your surroundings and double-check your locker to make sure it is secured.
- Please inform the Building Services and Operations team of any property thefts at the Law School.
To report suspicious activity or persons:
Step 1: Call Public Safety
Phone: 212-854-5555, or 99 from a campus phone.
Step 2: Call Building Services and Operations
Tony Pallone, Director of Building Services and Operations
Louis Santiago, Assistant Director of Building Services and Operations
Anna Shulman, Office Manager of Building Services and Operations